- Ready in: 1 hr. 45 min.
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: very easy
- kcal: 271
- Origin: Hungary
- 3 lbs. stewing beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 pound of onions, sliced
- 4 table spoons of virgin olive oil
- 2-3 table spoons of white vinegar
- 3 Table spoons Hungarian Paprika (Sweet)
- half a can of tomato puree
- 1 Table spoon of crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Saute onions and garlic for 10 - 15 minutes over medium - high heat untill you browned them.
- Splash vinegar on top and stir.
- Add the meat and cook until it looses its red color, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add the paprika, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Stir, add water to cover (leave the meat sticking out slightly) and bring to a slight boil.
- Cook at a low simmer until the meat has become very tender, approximately 60 to 90 minutes. Add water if necessary.